Monday, August 31, 2009

Be physically & spiritually fit!

Our spiritual heath is like our physical health. We need to keep a balance so we can have best life possible.
Like anything there are times when we slip. Yet that does not mean we give up.
"Brothers and sisters, we have to stay with it. We don’t acquire eternal life in a sprint—this is a race of endurance. We have to apply and reapply the divine gospel principles. Day after day we need to make them part of our normal life." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency
Here are some areas identified that are important to our spiritual health.
  1. Daily personal Scripture Study
  2. Personal Prayer
    "To those ... who are struggling with challenges and difficulties large and small, prayer is the provider of spiritual strength; it is the passport to peace. Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven, who loves us. Speak to Him in prayer and then listen for the answer. Miracles are wrought through prayer." President Thomas S. Monson
  3. Paying a tithe
  4. Fasting
  5. Temple Attendance
    "Set specific goals, considering your circumstances, of when you can and will participate in temple ordinances. Then do not allow anything to interfere with that plan." Elder Richard G. Scott Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
  6. Faith
Assess how you are doing in each area. Be honest with yourself. Then, until the next time you assess yourself, work at improving the areas you fell short in. Hopefully we will all become more spiritually fit.

1 comment:

Joe*Nikki said...

I know you don't know me but I LOVE your blog!! Thank you for this message. I believe you cannot be totally physically fit without being spiritually fit! Its funny every time I start to diet...I always try to work harder on reading my scriptures etc...too and I am always feeling my happiest when I am doing both.