Monday, June 30, 2008

Wait to Weight...

There was a time in my life when I was weighing myself everyday. My scale must have been broken because every time I got on it wouldn't tell me a number but it would tell me if I was going to be happy or sad that day....anyone elses scale do that? The truth is that every one's weight fluctuates day to day. You might be retaining some water, time of the month or weighing at different times in the day. So weighing yourself everyday is really not effective and just ends up making your feel discouraged when you go up and down so much. So I would not reccomend weighing yourself daily yet it is important to keep on track with your weight. I would say try to weight yourself 2 times a month. Remember that weight loss doesn't always mean your healthier. You might even gain when you start working out more because you build muscle or you might lose weight but you have lost muscle mass. So work out, eat healthy and be healthy and don't let the scale tell you your worth. Check the reccomended weight charts for what is a healthy weight for you. I am 5'8" and it says my normal weight is 150-165. It changes with your height.

2 comments:

The VanSickles said...

My scale does that. It actually really effects my entire day. I think that when people come to terms with the way that they look, and are happy about it, the scale doesn't really matter anymore. I haven't gotten to that point yet...

Kimberly said...

Kathy,
What a great idea for a blog. I will check this from time to time. I like good health tips. I'm glad I found this. You are so impressive!
Oh--I saw your comment on Melanie's blog...no, I don't have a blog. I have thought about it a lot, but I haven't done it yet. Maybe sometime. For now I can't let myself though because I know I would spend too much time on it. I don't know...weird, huh?

I hope you are doing well. I sure love you tons and think you are wonderful!
Kimberly