Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My favorite healthy snacks....

1. I love trail mix. I make it myself with nuts from the baking isle because there are no salts or oil added to them. Dried fruit. Yummy. I have to measure 1/4 cup out those cause it is healthy but high in calories so portion control is key.

2. All bran crackers dipped in fat free cottage cheese or humus. These crackers have 6 grams of fiber and actually taste really good. I like the garlic kind.

3. Frozen yogurt. I love the kind at Maverick gas station. All different flavors for 80 calories a serving (1/2 cup). When I am prego i totally crave this...

4. I like grapes dipped in Cool Whip Free. No fat or sugar but remember still has a few calories. This is a yummy treat for me!

5. Air popped popcorn with spray butter {0 calories} and white cheddar flavoring. This is a good treat if you want something salty w/o the calories of chips.

6. Light string cheese. Low fat and east to grab. I usually eat it with almonds.

7. I love the thick Yo plait yogurt- Key lime pie. I freeze it for 20 minutes. Yum.

8. Prunes. oK it may sound like old people food but they are sweet and full of antioxidants.

9. I chew lots of gum. It helps keep my mouth busy and not thinkning about eating.

10. I love fiber one bars. Tons of fiber and great if you are craving a treat...

What are some lower calorie snacks you eat?......

No comments: