Monday, January 5, 2009

Weight Loss Battle....

The weight loss battle is long, tough, and requires a lot of dedication and motivation on your part to be successful. I’ve seen so many people struggle with the ups and downs of weight loss over the years including me. My highest weight was when I was 15 years old weighing in at 256 pounds at 5' 8". Over an 7 years { i know it took forever} I got to 138 pounds when I got home from my mission. Thats about 115 pounds. I have gained some with getting married and having a baby, I got a little more laxed about it. I feel really good at 145-150, I know that may still sound bigger to some of you but I feel good at that. I really would like to lose 20 pounds in the next 3 months. Weight loss just sounds so easy, eat less & exercise more. There is so much more though..... Emotions, hormones, pregnancy, metabolism, motivation, and genes. There are 5 things that I really feel work in losing weight if you are consistent with them....
1. Drinking water. Always have a water bottle.
2. Don't eat 3 hours before you go to sleep.
3. Eat 6 small meals a day, bigger in the morning: less at night.
4. Exercise and be active everyday. Even if you are just walking, just keep moving....
5. If you eat something you shouldn't, don't wait to the next day or next Monday to get back on track. Get right back on track!

I am starting the Biggest Loser once again for 12 weeks. The New Year brings new motivation, new hope, and hopefully it will bring a new number on the scale. If anyone would like to participate please leave me a comment or e-mail me at www.thetwitchells@hotmail.com. We weigh in every Monday morning... One rule I have for myself is that the TV can only be on if I am jogging on my little trampoline. I am not really a TV person but I do watch Oprah 1/2 the time and biggest loser once a week. So I will not be watching it like this....like much of America....

No comments: